Qt vs React Native: What to choose?
What is Qt? It is a cross-platform toolkit for the development of software in C++ programming language. It provides the opportunity to run software written with it on most modern operating systems, simply by compiling the program text for each operating system without changing the source code. It contains all the basic classes that might be needed for the development of application software, from GUI elements to networking, database, OpenGL, SVG, and XML classes. The library allows managing flows, networking and provides cross-platform file access.
Qt Creator has numerous advantages:
- It is extremely quick and responsive.
- It requires little memory and resources.
- It is a native cross-platform for Linux, Windows and OSX.
- It has built-in support for C++, Qt and QML frameworks and context-sensitive help for Qt.
- It has rich plugin architecture with many commercial and free/open source plugins available.
- It supports most of the modern IDE features and has integrated one of the most advanced language servers for C++.
- It has its own collection system.
- It is responsive using GDB for both local and remote usage.
You can read more here:
- About QT. DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF SOFTWARE FOR EMBEDDED DEVICES
- About CROSS-PLATFORMS FOR STARTUPS
React Native was firstly released by Facebook as an open source project in 2015. In just a couple of years, it has become one of the best solutions for mobile development. React Native development is used for some of the world's leading mobile applications, including Instagram, Facebook and Skype.
Advantages of React Native:
- The live reload feature of React Native allows you to see and work with changes in real-time.
- It has a community-driven approach with over 50,000 active contributors.
- Maintained and updated by Meta.
In many instances, the conversion to cross platform development has great benefits. Therefore, the question whether to choose React Native or QT arises.
Qt has the widest range of supported devices as well as a lot of built-in modules. It is possible to make use of thousands of simple open source C and C++ libraries with the help of Qt, which is also a huge advantage.
We choose the development method for our clients at the initial stage in order for it to best suit their project and achieve the maximum result.
We have teams that work with both React Native and QT.