QT. Design and development of software for Embedded Devices
QT is a full-fledged development platform that includes convenient API and libraries as well as a wide range of tools for the development of cross-platform solutions with fancy interface and increasing developer’s productivity.
The framework supports all popular desktop and operating systems and is in the top five of the global unofficial ranking of cross-platform and hybrid development tools.
The most interesting thing about QT is the 100% fit of this framework for developing software for Embedded Devices both with and without user interface.
QT works efficiently enough with memory in order to be responsive even on slow processors and to be able to provide sharp and vivid graphics on many displays.
QT IDE for embedded devices:
- Extensive libraries and intuitive APIs accelerate the development.
- QT Creator’s WYSIWYG code editor with syntax enhancement, visual debugging and profiling tools improves productivity.
- QT supports a wide range of operating systems and hardware for Embedded Devices.
- There is a possibility to create software code on Mac, Windows, Linux and cross-compile on any operating system and hardware board.
- It is possible to connect to a PC in order to run, debug and analyse applications created for them with QT Creator.
- Ready-to-use keyboard in 19 languages for touchscreens.
- Functional safety. QT Safe Renderer is an ISO 26262 compliant and ASIL-D certified software component that enables and simplifies designing and developing of safety critical systems, such as digital appliances panels.
- Contains tools for UI design (it unites designers and developers on one platform).
- Provides maximum performance and scalability, low hardware requirements. Enables efficient use of hardware resources using C++, QML or HTML5.
There are also other advantages of applying the cross-platform QT framework to an Embedded project.
- A lot of ready-made solutions:
Operating system, native API, available tools
- QT virtual keyboard
- Individual style
- A full-fledged solution for on-screen keyboard
- Handwriting input support
- No need to write every line of code manually
- A lot of portable tools of general purpose, such as:
- A set of graphic tools
- Non-trivial text layouts
- Scalable text renderers
- Reproduction of sounds
Since our company has extensive experience in Embedded development, we have created a sufficient number of projects precisely on the QT platform.
Scanning suitcase is a device that is used in fields during harvesting. Its main function is to identify pickers, harvest and pack time. All collected data is uploaded to the cloud.
- Recognize 8 small QR-codes with the least number of cameras.
- Achieve a scan speed of 1.2 seconds.
The following technologies were used in order to create this project:
Raspberry Pi, C++, Java, QT, Android, iOS, HTTP, BLE, NFC, RestFull API, AWS EC2